PLEASE THE INSTRUCTION BELOW
When selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for a client, you must consider the unique needs and characteristics of that particular client. The same is true when selecting a psychotherapeutic approach for groups. Not every approach is appropriate for every group, and the group’s unique needs and characteristics must be considered. For this Assignment, you examine psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction.
- Evaluate psychotherapeutic approaches to group therapy for addiction
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on group therapy for addiction.
- View the media, Levy Family: Sessions 1-7, and consider the psychotherapeutic approaches being used.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Identify the psychotherapeutic approach that the group facilitator is using and explain why she might be using this approach.
- Determine whether or not you would use the same psychotherapeutic approach if you were the counselor facilitating this group and justify your decision.
- Identify an alternative approach to group therapy for addiction and explain why it is an appropriate option.
- Support your position with evidence-based literature.