Decision-making is a constant process for those in leadership roles. An effective leader must be able to understand the daily problems that arise and present solutions beneficial to the organization, employees, and associated community or stakeholders. In a health care organization, this includes patients and their families. In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, discuss the aspects that help leaders make effective and ethical decisions in health care.
- Discuss the importance of sound decision making in health care. Describe the potential consequences of poor or uniformed decision making as a leader.
- Define evidence-based decision making. Explain how this is applied in health care and why it is important.
- Explain what the term data driven decision making Discuss what types of data are used for making decisions in health care and why it is important for a leader to use data when making a decision.
- Discuss how regulatory or organizational guidelines help shape how leaders make decision in health care.
- Describe the role of ethics in decision making. Explain steps a leader can take to promote ethical decision making. How can a leader address ethical conflicts that arise during the decision-making process?
A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.