Cultural Diversity and Teamwork in Healthcare Ethics
Consider the scenarios given below and answer the questions listed after each scenario. Justify your answers with appropriate research and reasoning.
In the past, paternalism among healthcare providers was an accepted way of practicing medicine. Patients sought care from physicians and accepted their opinions and treatment choices without question. However, in today’s healthcare industry, there has been a shift away from paternalism as patients become active in their treatment choices and work as a team with their healthcare professionals. In the light of these facts, answer the following questions:
- What do you feel has caused this shift and why?
- Do you think this shift is for the better? How do you think this team approach to care can affect a patient’s care choices?
With increasing diversity in the United States, a question has arisen regarding what accommodations should be made to assist the diverse population. Some groups or individuals feel in order to address the increasingly diverse population; we must employ a medical staff that is reflective of a community’s population. For example, if half of the population in a community is Hispanic, the medical office staff should be comprised of Hispanic workers.
- Do you agree or disagree with this solution for addressing diversity in healthcare and why or why not? How would you address these diversity issues of the Unites States?
- In the United States healthcare system, disparities such as socioeconomic, racial, and ethnic can be found. What do you feel are the most important disparities that need to be addressed in the healthcare industry? How do the disparities affect individuals in terms of healthcare and what do you feel is the best course of action to remedy each disparity and why?
- cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.