|ENGL103-1501A-21 Composition: Writing and Research
||Phase 1 Individual Project
||3 to 5 paragraphs
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
- Using the CTU Library and/or Google Scholar, find and describe an actual episode of a student, business professional, or well-known public figure being expelled, punished, or fired for plagiarism. Be careful to cite direct quotations from your article and to put the words into quotations, identifying the writer/speaker.
- Use this case as a springboard to discuss the importance of practicing academic honesty in school and beyond. In your answer, define plagiarism and describe ways that students and employees can unwittingly perpetrate academic dishonesty without realizing it.
- Finally, discuss what steps you can take to ensure that you are always properly crediting ideas that you use in your own work.
Your Individual Project should contain the following:
- An introduction with a clear thesis statement
- Body paragraphs with topic sentences
- Supporting information in the form of quotes or paraphrased passages
- A meaningful conclusion
- A properly formatted reference page with at least one reliable source
- Proper in text citations
In addition to these structural guidelines your individual project should also contain the following:
- A cover page
- Page numbers
- Be double-spaced using 12 point, Times New Roman, Arial, or Courier fonts.
Please submit your assignment.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.