1600 words length
Faculty of Business Environment and Society
Module No MODULE TITLE 2014
353 FIN International Finance
Coursework number or Title [Contributes 25% to total module mark]
Submission by 4pm on date: Monday 17th March 2014
This assignment must be submitted, with a BES coursework cover sheet attached, to William Morris and also via the module web by 16.00 on the above deadline.
1. All work submitted after the submission deadline without an approved valid reason (see below) will be given a mark of zero. (This is not the same as a non-submission, as a late submission counts as an attempt and a mark of zero may allow you to resit the coursework.).
2. Short deferrals (extensions) of up to three calendar weeks can only be given for genuine “force majeure” and medical reasons, not for bad planning of your time. Please note that theft, loss, or failure to keep a back-up file, are not valid reasons. The short deferral must be applied for on or before the submission date. You can apply for a short deferral by submitting an Examination/ Coursework Deferral Application Form. Application Forms along with the supporting evidence should go to the relevant Student Support Office (WM404). For a longer delay in submission a student may apply for a (long) deferral.
Students MUST keep a copy and/or an electronic file of their assignment.
Please also submit an electronic copy of your assignment via the module web. ( See instructions on module web)
The electronic version of your assignment may be used to enable checks to be made using anti-plagiarism software and approved plagiarism checking websites.
Word Length 2500 words.
Any penalties for not complying with word limits will be in accordance with University and Faculty policy
Learning Outcomes Assessed
The following learning outcomes are being assessed..
2. Compare the financial products available on international markets
3. Devise and apply appropriate strategies using derivatives to manage currency risk.
4. Critically evaluate the use of derivative instruments to manage currency risk.
Please see feedback pro-forma.
For information on how marks are awarded for particular elements of this assignment see please see the feedback pro-forma.
Return of Marked Work
Marked work will be returned in class. You can expect to have marked work returned to you by 2 weeks after the submission date
PLAGIARISM WARNING! â€“ Assignments should not be copied in part or in whole from any other source, except for any marked up quotations, that clearly distinguish what has been quoted from your own work. Additionally, the specific page number used should also be given for any direct quotations, which should be in inverted commas, per Harvard referencing format. Citations MUST be used and all references used must be given, using Harvard referencing format. Students found copying from the internet or other sources will get zero marks and may be excluded from the university.
There are four different commonly used financial hedging techniques and some operational hedging techniques that firms use to manage currency risk.
Drawing on literature, critically evaluate all these hedging techniques. Illustrate your arguments with appropriate examples / cases / empirical studies review.
(Hint: Analysis can be focused on large firms or small firms, or comparison
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.